Last Updated: August 03, 2016
RAND MCNALLY ELECTRONIC DEVICES, APPLICATIONS, AND SERVICES
Users under the Age of 18
The Product is not intended for users under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 18. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a person under 18, please contact us.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Types of Data We Collect
Information You Provide: This is the data you enter when you use or register the Product , or request additional services or support, and may include (i) your name, address, email address, billing information, other personal information, etc., when you report a problem with the Product; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; (iv) details of transactions you carry out through the Software and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Software); and (v) your search queries using the Software. All personally identifiable information you provide is referred to as “Personal Information.”
Data Collected by the Product: In some cases, the Product may collect a wide range of information, such as diagnostic information, odometer, oil life remaining, tire pressure, driving information, e.g., vehicle position, GPS speed, safety belt usage, hours driven, downtime, speed, mileage, fuel consumption, , and other similar information about how the vehicle is used. Your smartphone or other personal device that is linked to the Product also may collect information, e.g., geolocation, etc. When you download, access and use the Product, it may use technology to automatically collect certain information, including, but not limited to:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Product, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Product, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Product.
- Personal Device Information. We may collect information about your smartphone or other personal device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and, if applicable, the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Product also may access metadata, tags and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
We also may use technologies to collect information about your usage of the Product over time. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or other mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Product.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Product or our emails to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Metadata: This is any data that is collected or automatically generated while you use the Product. In many cases metadata is collected or generated inherent to you using a computing device or inherent to transmitting data over the internet. This data includes user interface and other device usage events, IP addresses, unique device identifiers, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth MAC addresses, cookies and records of computer activity.
Analytics: This is any data that we develop or derive from any of the foregoing, including, but not limited to, analytical results, reports, events, etc., and any data we provide to you.
Collectively, all the types of data described above, other than Personal Information, are referred to as “Customer Data.”
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download or use the Software, or, delete it from your device.
Ownership, Use, Disclosure and Transfer of Data
You own all Personal Information. We own all Customer Data other than Personal Information.
As we develop our business, Company might buy or sell businesses or their assets, or engage in transfers, acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control, or other transactions. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the disclosed and/or transferred business assets and your Personal Information may be subject to such a transfer. You agree to and do hereby consent to any such disclosure and/or transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
Third-Party Information Collection
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non- personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated or de-identified personal information with third parties, including, but not limited to, advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in non-human readable form. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to www.aboutads.info/choices/ .
When you use the Software or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include: advertisers, ad networks and ad servers, analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, your mobile service provider, etc.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Customer Data
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Software, the Service and their contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Provide Customer Data to the company you work for (if the company has purchased a Device, Software or Services and provided any of them to you).
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you and, if applicable, the company you work for notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you, the company you work for (if applicable) and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you and, if applicable, the company you work for when Software updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps to improve the Product and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate the size of our customer base and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Product according to your individual or company’s interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Product.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction. In addition, we may, in some rare cases, disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, content providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Software users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers, users, contractors or others, if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Software and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email as noted below to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Software that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as noted below.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Software, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through the Software. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide. You agree to immediately notify us of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security. We are not responsible for any misuse of your account or information if you have (voluntarily or involuntarily) given someone access to it.
Conflict in Terms
If you have any concern or complaint about privacy of the Software, please contact us at
Rand McNally Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 7600
Chicago, IL 60680-9915
Special Note: When you contact us, please include your full name, address and phone number in your correspondence.
© Copyright 2016 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally All Rights Reserved.