Last Updated: January 16, 2014
1. SERVICE FOR SUBSCRIBERS
The service that Rand McNally shall provide to you during the term of your subscription shall include certain Rand McNally Classroom services related to geography and social studies education provided and administered by Rand McNally, and these benefits or features may change at any time. This service is provided for educational purposes only. All other terms stated herein governing use of this website are applicable to the Rand McNally Classroom service.
Rand McNally offers fee-based subscriptions to Rand McNally Classroom to qualified educational institutions and libraries for use by the students and staff of those institutions. The user name and password may not be posted on any publicly available internet site and may only be provided to the institution that subscribes to Rand McNally Classroom, may only be used by the students and staff of such subscribing institution and may not be provided to any other institution or student, staff or individual who is not affiliated with the subscribing institution.
3. SUBSCRIPTION FEE
Subscriptions to Rand McNally Classroom will not be automatically renewed.Subscribing institutions must submit payment or purchase order in advance to continue the subscription each year or access will be terminated.
Subscribers to Rand McNally Classroom are granted a limited license to use all content provided in Rand McNally Classroom only for educational purposes by authorized users of the subscribing institution. This use includes downloading content, printing content, and duplicating this content for use in school documents, presentations, student reports and other school related projects.The display of content may be manipulated for instructional or educational purposes, but all Rand McNally trademarks and copyrights must be included. Rand McNally trademarks must always remain attached. You may not otherwise reproduce, copy, modify, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any materials from this Web site, and may not republish, upload, post, transmit,loan, rent, transfer, sell or otherwise distribute any materials from this Website in any form, for any purpose. The use of any such materials on any otherWeb site or network computer environment is also prohibited. If you use the materials other than as permitted in this license, you will be violating Rand McNally's copyright and other proprietary rights.
6. PROHIBITED USES
Content obtained from the user of Rand McNally Classroom may not be posted or used on any personal, school or otherwise distributed or provided to any person who is not a member of the subscribing institution. The content of any maps may not be modified, altered or changed in any way.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Rand McNally provides users through its web site(s) access to various resources,including various navigation tools, an online store, company and product information, etc., which may be accessed through various media or devices now known or hereafter developed (the "Service"). You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Rand McNally to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications to registered users from Rand McNally, such as service announcements and administrative messages and that these communications are considered part of Rand McNally's Service and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, shall be subject to the TOU. You understand and agree that the Service is provided"AS-IS" and that Rand McNally assumes no responsibility for the timeliness,deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to theService, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
YOUR ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction.If you choose to create an account with us, you also agree to provide true,accurate, current and complete information about yourself as promoted by theService's registration form. As part of the online registration process, you will select a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you use to access the online services, and agree that Rand McNally will have no obligations with regard thereto.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- You may print out any of the materials from this Web site for your personal,non-commercial use only, and not for re-sale, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Accordingly, you may copy this information only as necessary for your personal use to (i) view it on your screen, and (ii) save a single copy on your hard drive or disk, provided that you do not remove any copyright notices that appear and do not modify the information in any way, and/or (iii) print a copy for personal use. You may not otherwise reproduce, copy, modify, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any materials from this Web site, and may not republish, upload, post,transmit, loan, rent, transfer, sell or otherwise distribute any materials from this Web site in any form, for any purpose. The use of any such materials on any other Web site or network computer environment is also prohibited. If you use the materials other than as permitted in this license, you will be violating Rand McNally's copyright and other proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, unless you are specifically authorized or licensed by Rand McNally, you may not use information contained in this Website with any products, systems, or applications installed or otherwise connected to or in communication with vehicles, capable of vehicle navigation,positioning, dispatch, real time route guidance, fleet management or similar applications. You also may not use this information with or in communication with any mobile or wireless-connected electronic or computer devices, including without limitation cellular phones, palmtop and handheld computers, pagers, and personal digital assistants or PDAs.
- Linking directly into Rand McNally's maps and directions results pages ("RMCM&D") - passing address or locations parameters to return a result -- is restricted. Only private individuals, non-profit organizations, and small businesses are permitted to link their Web site to RMC M&D. No more than 5,000RMC M&D may be viewed annually through links to your Web site or Web sites.Under no circumstances may you resell RMC M&D, nor may you provide RMC M&D as a service bureau or as a time share provider. RMC M&D may not be used for or provided with a real time route guidance or dispatch operation. You may not useRMC M&D in connection with any devices or systems which include geographic information systems or geographic data that enable occasional or continuous position determination (for example, GPS). While linking to RMC M&D, you may not (i) engage in deceptive, misleading, unethical or immoral practices that are or might be detrimental to Rand McNally or any other party; (ii) make any false, derogative or misleading representation with regard to Rand McNally or its products or services; and (iii) engage in illegal or deceptive trade practices with respect to RMC M&D. Rand McNally does not provide technical support to users who link their Web sites to Rand McNally Maps and Directions on randmcnally.com. If your organization needs to provide RMC M&D without someor all of these restrictions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- randmcnally.com contains links to Web sites not under our control. Although we try to choose sites that will be helpful to you, we are not responsible for the quality, safety, completeness, accuracy, or nature of the content of such sites and we cannot guarantee that such content may change without our knowledge. We provide these links simply as a convenience to you and this convenience should not be considered an endorsement by us of these Web sites or the companies who own them
- As part of the Service, Rand McNally provides services that allow users to generate email messages (that may include links to maps, directions, or other site services or information) from our site. Other than as otherwise defined in the TOU, Rand McNally is not affiliated with the sender or recipient of any of these email messages. When using these email message services, you specifically agree that Rand McNally is not responsible or liable to you or anyone else for any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar,obscene, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable conduct or speech of any other party on or through the Web site, or for any infringement or violation of another's rights by any other party on the Web site, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, or rights of privacy.Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
- Rand McNally reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility to monitor, filter, or review conduct by users of the Web site.
- By using the Service you agree not to: 1) Transmit through the Web site any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar,obscene, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature; 2) Invade another's privacy or violate rights of publicity or intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trade markand patent rights) while using the Web site; 3) Transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation; 4) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; 5) Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane,defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- User will not use the Service for chain letters, junk mail, "Spamming" or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
- You are solely responsible for any text, ("Content") which is transmitted byyou through the Web site, including but not limited to the contents of youremail communications through the Web site.
- Rand McNally reserves the right to disable any User's ability to transmitinformation using the Web site if User violates any of the above terms.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSES
This Web site is protected by copyright, and is further subject to the followingterms and conditions which are agreed to by you, on the one hand, and RandMcNally and its licensors (including their licensors and suppliers) on theother hand. © 2008 Rand McNally. All rights reserved. Portions © 2008 NAVTEQ. All Rights reserved. The Data for areas of Canada includes information taken with permission from Canadian authorities,including: © Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, © Queen's Printer forOntario, © Canada Post Corporation. GeoBase©. Portions © 2008 Tele Atlas North America, Inc. All rights reserved. This material is proprietary and the subject of copyright protection and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Tele Atlas North America,Inc. The use of this material is subject to the terms of a license agreement.You will be held liable for any unauthorized copying or disclosure of this material. Portions © 2008 DMTI Spatial Inc. DMTI SpatialT, is a trademark of DMTI SpatialInc. All rights reserved. This data includes information taken with permission from Canadian Information on construction projects in Quèbec is developed, by permission, from data supplied by the Ministère des Transports du Quèbec.
SUBMISSION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Rand McNally values user and customer feedback on our products and services, but we request that comments on those products and services be specific and not include any creative ideas, suggestions, or materials. Rand McNally does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those we have specifically requested. Please do not submit any original creative materials, such as new product or service ideas, or manuscripts. Any such materials submitted without a specific request from us will become the exclusive property of Rand McNally and its affiliates and we will have no obligation either to compensate you or to keep such materials confidential.
LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
NEITHER RAND MCNALLY NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE, THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE, OR THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. The contents of this Web site are provided to you "as is," and "as available,"and you agree to use it at your own risk. RAND MCNALLY and each of its affiliates and licensors (and their licensors and suppliers, including HerMajesty the Queen in Right of Canada) make no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, arising by law or otherwise,including but not limited to, content, quality, accuracy, completeness,effectiveness, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, usefulness, use or results to be obtained from this information. RAND MCNALLY AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING THEIR LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN IN RIGHT OF CANADA AND THE MINISTER OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS AND THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS) DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ORNON-INFRINGEMENT. Some States, Territories and Countries do not allow certain warranty exclusions, so to that extent the above exclusion may not apply to you. RAND MCNALLY AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING THEIR LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN IN RIGHT OF CANADA AND THE MINISTER OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS AND THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU: IN RESPECT OF ANY CLAIM, DEMAND OR ACTION, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF THE CLAIM,DEMAND OR ACTION ALLEGING ANY LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT,WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE, PERFORMANCE OR POSSESSION OF THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS OR THE ROAD EXPLORERS SERVICE; OR FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE,CONTRACTS OR SAVINGS, OR ANY OTHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS, ANY DEFECT IN THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, OR THE BREACH OF THESE TERMS OR CONDITIONS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORTOR BASED ON A WARRANTY, EVEN IF RAND MCNALLY OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some States, Territories and Countries do not allow certain liability exclusions or damages limitations, so to that extent the above may not apply to you. IF THIS EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN RAND MCNALLY AND ITS AFFILIATES' MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ANY SUBSCRIPTION OR MEMBERSHIP FEE WHICH YOU MAY HAVE PAID FOR THE SERVICE. Reference to any products, services, processes, hypertext links to third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Rand McNally or each of their respective licensors.Product and service information are the sole responsibility of each individual vendor. The NAVTEQ name and logo, the NAVTEQ and NAVTEQ ON BOARD trademarks and logos, and other trademarks and trade names owned by NAVTEQ may not be used in any commercial manner without the prior written consent of NAVTEQ. The RANDMCNALLY and RANDMCNALLY.COM names, logos and trademarks, and other trademarksand trade names owned by Rand McNally may not be used in any commercial mannerwithout the prior written consent of Rand McNally. The TeleAtlas North America,Inc. ("TeleAtlas") name, logo and trademarks, and other trademarks and trade names owned by TeleAtlas may not be used in any commercial manner without the prior written consent of TeleAtlas. Rand McNally Road Explorers, TripMaker, StreetFinder, Quick Reference Atlas,IntelliRoute and MileMaker are registered trademarks of Rand McNally & Company.My School & Neighborhood is a trademark of Rand McNally & Company. All other product and service names are trademarks of their respective owners. Rand McNally shall have no liability for any delay in delivery of any servicesto you for any cause beyond Rand McNally's reasonable control, including delayof third party services/benefit providers or delay due to union disputes orfactory production schedules.
You agree not to export from anywhere any part of the information provided toyou or any direct product thereof except in compliance with, and with alllicenses and approvals required under, applicable export laws, rules andregulations.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Rand McNally and each of its affiliatesand licensors (including suppliers, assignees, subsidiaries, affiliatedcompanies, and the respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders,agents and representatives of each of them, including Her Majesty the Queen inRight of Canada and the Minister) free and harmless from and against anyliability, loss, injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand,action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind or character, including but notlimited to attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any use orpossession by you of this information.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws ofthe State of Illinois, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts oflaw. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of Illinois for any and alldisputes, claims and actions arising from or in connection with any materialson this Web site. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful,illegal or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable fromthis Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of anyremaining provisions. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you andRand McNally and its licensors including their licensors and suppliers relatingto the subject matter herein. It may not be modified except in writing, signedby all applicable parties and supersedes in their entirety any and all writtenor oral agreements previously existing between us with respect to such subjectmatter. PHOTO LICENSING CREDITS FOR IMAGES USED ON randmcnally.com City Images Point of Interest Images State and National Park Images Photo Credits