Interested in or already using Comdata for fuel tax reporting? Great news. Rand McNally’s mobile fleet management devices are now integrated with Comdata. The integration allows the Rand McNally device to send GPS data like Truck ID/name, timestamp, Latitude, longitude, and approximate location directly to Comdata for use in fuel tax reporting.
Comdata is a leading provider of corporate financial solutions that help save money, grow revenue, streamline operations and minimize financial risks. Together, Comdata and Rand McNally’s mobile fleet management devices can help you improve overall fleet efficiency.
Learn more. Call a Rand McNally sales representative today at 1-800-789-6277.
March has passed, which means another Mid-America Trucking Show has come and gone. This year was busier than ever, and we appreciated seeing everyone who stopped by our booth in the West Wing. Here is our MATS, by the numbers:
- More than 200 wonderful customers got their Rand McNally devices updated, upgraded, and taken care of at our Customer Support desk.
- We gave away 1,000 Motor Carriers’ Road Atlases and special Rand McNally pens - we brought more than ever and still ran out!
- More than 100 new customers purchased GPS units, our HD 100 E-Log device, and a variety of accessories.
- Just shy of 80 folks packed our seminar on the ROI of ELDs.
- And, thanks to our live interviews on various radio programs, we had a number of drivers who heard us, and decided to "swing by Louisville," to say "hi."
Plus, in the last few months, Rand McNally has been all over the map, attending conferences like:
- 2014 UMA Motorcoach EXPO, New Orleans, La.
- 2014 TMC Annual Meeting, Nashville, Tenn.
- TCA 2014 Convention, Grapevine, Texas
- NAFA 2014 Institute & Expo, Minneapolis, MN
- NPTC 2014 Education Management Conference & Exhibition, Cincinnati, Ohio
We've met with customers, offered product demos, participated in critical dialogue around the upcoming ELD Mandate, and given away lots of goodies. We love it, and we hope to see you at the next show!
Managers at ACME Truck Lines, a Louisiana-based carrier with more than 2,800 owner-operators and 120 locations, sought a solution that could help solve operational challenges while also providing value to owner-operators. They found it in the TND™ 760.
Balancing company needs with owner-operator concerns can be a difficult task, but when managers at ACME chose to implement the Rand McNally TND™ 760 for mobile communication, fleet management and navigation, drivers quickly embraced the solution. Among drivers’ favorite features are the unit’s user friendly interface, Rand McNally’s award-winning navigation, and ease of installation.
Additionally, managers quickly saw significant benefit from the ability to track trucks which greatly reduced the need for constant dispatcher-driver communication. Tyler Coatney, Project Manager for ACME said, “The automatic flow of information provided by the device [the TND™ 760] will help support our long-standing commitment to excellent communication and on-time delivery for our customers.”
Other factors that made the TND™ 760 the right choice for ACME include electronic Hours of Service, the ability to integrate with ACME’s custom-developed management system and other, future TMS systems, and the use of information gathered to process fuel-tax reporting.
“We’ve spent decades developing a system that is ideally customized to meet our operational needs. It was critical to find a partner that could integrate its technology with our system, without a major overhaul,” said Mike Coatney. “The integration of the data from Rand McNally in-can units with our fleet management system is where the real ROI will be seen.”