How do I know when a software update is available for my HD 100?
Categories: HD 100
In order to have the best experience with your HD 100 electronic logging device, we recommend you Dock™ your HD 100 at least once a month. In order to update your HD 100, please follow these steps:
- Connect the HD 100 to your computer with the USB adapter provided in the Rand McNally packaging.
- Open up the Rand McNally Dock™ software.
- Click "Update Available."
- The new software will start downloading.
- Once the download is complete, click the Transfer button to transfer the updates onto the HD 100.
- Once the transfer is complete, safely disconnect the HD 100 from your computer.
- Connect the HD 100 to a power source inside your vehicle, and turn the vehicle on.
- All four LED lights on the back of the device will start flashing. At this time, only the red Power LED light will stay solid.
- After about 5 minutes, the yellow Wi-Fi LED light will start blinking, and then the green Cell LED light will blink.
- Once the red Power LED light is solid, and the yellow Wi-Fi LED light and the green Cell LED light start blinking, the update process has completed.
- Finally, disconnect and re-connect the HD 100 from the power source to ensure the updates have taken full effect.
Didn't answer your question? Contact Us