How do I save a map image so that I can use it in other classroom materials that I create?
Last Updated: October 30, 2013
To save a map, follow these steps:
If you are on a "Find Maps" listing page, choose a map.
- An enlarged map will appear in a new window.
- Once the enlarged map appears, click on the disk icon at the top of the screen entitled Save.
- You will then be prompted to Open or Save the image file.
- Click Save.
- Choose a directory where you want the image stored (you may rename the file if you wish), and click Save.
To use this image in another application (e.g. Word, PowerPoint), you must be in that application and follow the procedure for inserting a picture or image. For example, if you would like to insert a map image into a PowerPoint presentation:
- Open a new presentation.
- From the Insert menu, choose Picture >> From File.
- Find the directory where you stored the image file.
- Select (left click) the image file and click Insert.
- The file will appear in your PowerPoint presentation.
Note: Please remember that the content on Rand McNally Classroom is copyrighted material and is for the personal instructional and educational use only of subscribers to Rand McNally Classroom only.
Didn't answer your question? Contact Us