Wi-Fi is a wireless network that enables you to receive information from the Internet. With a Wi-Fi connection, you can access weather data directly on an enabled device.
To establish a Wi-Fi network in your vehicle, you can create a personal hotspot or mobile access point with a cellular phone. Then you can connect your device to that Wi-Fi network.
"Smartphones" that have the capability to create a hotspot or access point include many (but not all) iPhone®, Android™, and BlackBerry® smartphones with an accompanying data plan. An additional tethering feature may be required. Typically, standard flip phones and prepaid phones do not have this capability. Contact your wireless carrier for more information about your phone and data plan.
Note: The user is responsible for all third party data charges. Please contact your wireless service provider to make sure you do not exceed the limits of your data plan.
Create a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Consult the owner's manual for your smartphone for information on creating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Connect Your Device to Wi-Fi
- Tap WiFi icon at the bottom right of the map screen.
- Tap Enable WiFi to search for available networks.
- Tap the network you want to connect to.
- Enter the network password.
- Passwords are generally case sensitive. You may need to tap abc in the bottom left corner of your keyboard for lowercase letters. (Tip: Set the keyboard preferences to Computer (qwerty) in Preferences > General > Keyboard.)
- The icon that appears to the left of the network indicates an active connection.
- Tap Disable WiFi to turn Wi-Fi connectivity off. Note: Disable to save battery power when not plugged in.
- Turning the device off disables Wi-Fi. Repeat these steps when you turn the device back on to re-establish Wi-Fi. The device will save passwords to allow you to connect faster.
If the connection is lost, the hotspot may have simply timed out. Try disabling and then re-enabling Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
For Further Assistance
Dial 611 from your mobile phone for major carriers, or call:
T-Mobile – 800-866-2453
AT&T – 800-331-0500
Verizon Wireless – 800-922-0204
Sprint – 888-211-4727
Didn't answer your question? Contact Us