These instructions are for device model numbers RVT70 and RVT80. To check your model number go to Settings → About Tablet → Check Model Number
Before you begin, please be sure to follow these tips for a successful update:
1. Connect to a reliable Wi-Fi source.
2. If a notification is available, pull down the notification bar and tap "Download" or "System Updater." Skip to Step 5.
3. If a notification does not appear, go to All Apps → Rand McNally Launcher → Check for new updates
4. A notification for an update should now appear. Pull down the notification bar and tap "Download."
5. If a pop-up for a RM Services installation appears, tap "Install." Once the app has completely installed, tap "Done."
6. If a pop-up for the Operating System update appears, tap "Install Now," then tap "Reboot and Install" when prompted.
7. Once all updates are complete, repeat from Step 3 until you receive a message that everything is up to date.
Note: If your model number is RVT80, follow these instructions for the map data update: RVT80 Map Data Update Instructions →